Smarthome Manager/Manager Plus

Hi, I was thinking about getting a Smarthome 1132CU and I saw that they offer it with two different software packages- Manager and Manager Plus. Does anyone know what the primary difference between the packages is? I don't need to do anything too fancy, so I was thinking I would get the cheaper package but I really wanted to find out what the difference was before I made my purchase. Thanks.

Reply to
none
Loading thread data ...

Hmmmm... From the Smarthome catalog, they advertise an 1132U which is a USB connected controller which must be hooked up to the PC in order to execute programs. The 1132CU advertises built in memory so that it can be disconnected from the PC and still control things. I just saw that both of the units advertise two levels of SW package to work with them, but they use different names for the SW (Home Control Assistant for the

1132U and Smarthome Manager for the 1132CU) so I'm not sure what's what.
Reply to
none

Reply to
none

When you are ready to purchase your PowerLinc, visit

formatting link
You can get 5% off of your order by using coupon code "discount"! We will beat any price. If you need help, please feel free to give us a call at 609-471-6268 or e-mail us at snipped-for-privacy@automationmania.com.

Thank you,

Christopher A. Inverso Automation Mania, LLC

Reply to
webmaster

I "believe" the difference is that the plus package can store the programs in the interface...unplugging it from the computer to run on its own. The Manager program does not have memory in the interface and must be connected to the computer to execute programs.

Reply to
Ida Slapter

Smarthome has a very good tech support dept. Perhpas they could give you the best and most accurate description.

Reply to
BruceR

The Smarthome web site has the Manager/Manager Plus manual available for download (pdf). The differences are spelled out in this manual.

Reply to
Jack Seppelt

I wouldn't spend my money on SmartHome Manager. I would stick to a good program like Homeseer. After awhile I'm sure you'll move to this anyways.

Brian

formatting link

Reply to
Tech-Home

This is not a sales forum. Stop spamming it.

Reply to
wkearney99

Hey now, Not everyone thinks it's spam. Personally I don't mind if someone chimes in and offers a choice on where to shop for automation products. He definately isn't obnoxious about it..His prices are good, although Smarthome has a good sale right now for regulars and they do have a good return policy..I have looked at his site and he gives good prices. Now, on the other hand there is nothing on the site referring to return policies or warrenty returns. The only thing listed is how to handle the Yahoo shopping stuff.. Just my .02....I would object if someone constantly repeats the same ole stuff we have to wade through though.. John PS, do most people here have pretty good luck with the smarthome switchlinc swiches and lamplinc modules? I bought some and so far like them compared to the X10 crap which never seems to reach the correct dim value. The addition of the boosterlinc has really helped too. I was amazed. I have seen some posts of people having some problems, and was wondering what those folks use that is better? Or has smarthome finally improved their stuff?? I am using this with Homeseer which I love.. Thanks! John

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.