Entertainment Door Opener

Hello,

I have a TV inside an entertainment center with doors. I would like a remote door opener that would allow me to open and close the doors. Any help would be appreciated.

Jim

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

What you need is call a linear actuator. The lenght of stroke will depend on the geometery of the cabinet doors and force required to open them. They are usually sold in kits with mounting hardware. You will have to come up with the control strategy and circuitry.

Look here for a start.

formatting link
Opening a cabinet door is similar to a TV lift that has been allowed to rotate along a vertical axis.

Reply to
Slammer

remote door opener that would

We had a similar post a while back:

What is the best way to automate the opening/closing of a TV cabinet door? I was looking at linear actuators but the price is steep for my application.

Jim

Check a company called "Auton" as they may have what you need.

formatting link
While not as glamorus as the robots,
formatting link
might do the job.

From:Dave Houston snipped-for-privacy@whocares.com What is the best way to automate the opening/closing of a TV cabinet door? I was looking at linear actuators but the price is steep for my application.

Jim

Check a company called "Auton" as they may have what you need.

formatting link
While not as glamorus as the robots,
formatting link
might do the job.

Reply to
Robert Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.