Whole house MP3 server - software solution?

I searched the group looking for information on this and couldn't find anything recent. Here is what I am looking for - a software solution that allows me to run a media server (MP3 is fine, video would be nice in the future), connected to my whole house audio solution (Nuvo), remote control (probably through serial as most of my hardware supports this) so that individual rooms can select their own playlists. I presume it would need to support multiple sound cards to support the outputs in different rooms. There are plenty of hardware solutions out there but I can't find any software solutions (windows or linux) that do this? I can't believe I am the only person that doesn't want to spend $3-5000 on a hardware solution to do this?

Reply to
Simon Mason
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
has the software that will run on many platforms and clients I use it and it's excellent.

See my PIC projects at

formatting link

Reply to
wrichard

J.River's Media Center. MC11 on windows does an excellent job of multiple zone support.

formatting link

-Bill Kearney

Reply to
Bill Kearney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.