opening/closing miniblinds

I'm looking for a way to open/close my miniblinds..i'm not so concerned about pulling them up/down, but just something to actuate the rod part that rotates the blinds into open/closed positions...

smarthome seems to offer a variety of vertical blind and drapery solutions, but nothing for horizontal miniblinds... I know some manufacturers offer all in one solutions where the blinds and the motor are all one piece, but i'm looking for an add-on solution to activate my existing miniblinds.

is anyone aware of a commercial product to handle this? i built a custom solution using lego mindstorms, but i'm looking for something with a bit more durability.

Reply to
random735
Loading thread data ...

Here's a DIY article:

formatting link
'miniblind%20motor'WorthingtonDistribution has this ready made motorized solution fromAuto Tilt for you for $44:
formatting link
actually found it on the Smarthome site but it shows as discontinued.Enlarging the picture there revealed the AutoTilt brand name and asearch for that found it at Worthington. Enjoy!>

I'm looking for a way to open/close my miniblinds..i'm not so> concerned about pulling them up/down, but just something to actuate> the rod part that rotates the blinds into open/closed positions...>> smarthome seems to offer a variety of vertical blind and drapery> solutions, but nothing for horizontal miniblinds... I know some> manufacturers offer all in one solutions where the blinds and the>

motor are all one piece, but i'm looking for an add-on solution to> activate my existing miniblinds.>> is anyone aware of a commercial product to handle this? i built a> custom solution using lego mindstorms, but i'm looking for something>

with a bit more durability.

Reply to
BruceR

formatting link
'miniblind%20motor'WorthingtonDistribution has this ready made motorized solution fromAuto Tilt for you for $44:
formatting link
actually found it on the Smarthome site but it shows as discontinued.Enlarging the picture there revealed the AutoTilt brand name and asearch for that found it at Worthington. Enjoy!>

I'm looking for a way to open/close my miniblinds..i'm not so> concerned about pulling them up/down, but just something to actuate> the rod part that rotates the blinds into open/closed positions...>> smarthome seems to offer a variety of vertical blind and drapery> solutions, but nothing for horizontal miniblinds... I know some> manufacturers offer all in one solutions where the blinds and the>

motor are all one piece, but i'm looking for an add-on solution to> activate my existing miniblinds.>> is anyone aware of a commercial product to handle this? i buil t a> custom solution using lego mindstorms, but i'm looking for something> with a bit more durability.

What are you using for a Newsreader, Bruce?? There's no spacing in your reply.

Reply to
Frank Olson

formatting link
'miniblind%20motor'Worthington Distribution has this ready made motorized solution fromAuto Tilt for you for $44:
formatting link
found it on the Smarthome site but it shows as discontinued.Enlarging the picture there revealed the AutoTilt brand name and asearch for that found it at Worthington. Enjoy!

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

You could interface the wireless remote to a computer controlled relay fairly easily. In fact, I do that to operate my front gate and and outside awning. Because wiring to these locations was a PITA I just ran leads from the remote control to a relay. When my automation program calls for the awning to go up or down the appropriate relay is momentaritly operated to, in essence, press the button on the remote.

formatting link
'miniblind%20motor'> Worthington Distribution has this ready made motorized solution

Reply to
BruceR

formatting link
'miniblind%20motor'>> Worthington Distribution has this ready made motorized solution

Reply to
Charles Sullivan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.