Homelink and X10 on/off commands

I have an Acura TL which comes with homelink. I have a x10 firecracker kit, and was able to program the homelink system with it. However each of the three buttons seem to be able to have just a on or off command assigned to it. For example I want to turn on A1, I hit the first button I programmed on it, but to turn it off I need to have a second button programmed just for that.

Is there anyway to have a button on the homelink be an on/off toggle, instead of discrete on/off commands?

Reply to
jvanhooser
Loading thread data ...

Only if you have a smart home control system with capability to respond to the RF or powerline events. In other words, homelink sends M1 ON every time. The first (and 3rd and 5th...) time your controller sees M1 ON it sends L1 ON. Next time (2nd, 4th, 6th...) your controller sees M1 ON it sends L1 OFF.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

No. It's sending an X-10 RF code which includes both the X-10 address and function. The Homelink buttons cannot be programmed to toggle between two codes nor can the X-10 RF transceiver respond differently to the same RF code.

formatting link
snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com

Reply to
Dave Houston

What control system(s) exactly are you talking about or would recommend?

Reply to
jvanhooser

I use the CM11 powerline interface, but I cannot recommend any software. It appears that X10's activehome will do it, and I believe the predecessor package (based on the CM11 hardware) would as well. HomeSeer.com looks able. I believe the free "heyu" and "misterhouse" also have the requisite functionality. Again, I haven't tried any of those.

sdb

Reply to
sylvan butler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.