Kerio 2.15 setup for p-p printer ? / cannot ping in one direction

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Kerio 2.15 to work in a peer to peer environment (2 machines, one with Win98 and the other with XP Home... not my choice of OS's but it's what they have at work). The basis is Sponge's maximum ruleset. The XP box is Ethernetted to the 98 box for sharing and printing (printer cable does not reach XP box). The static addresses are in the "9.x.x.x" range for both machines. I can ping the 98 box with the firewall enabled from the XP box but cannot ping the XP box from 98 when the firewall is enabled. Because a lot of the source files are on the XP machine I have had to disable the firewall which I don't exactly like to do.

Can anyone tell me what rule(s) to use on the firewall to enable me to see the shares on the XP machine through Kerio? I tried plugging in the IP addresses for TCP/UDP with an "allow" but that does not seem to work (still cannot ping or see XP with 98). The shares are set up correctly because with the firewall down all is alright.

Help!

Karen

Reply to
Karen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.