ZoneAlarm 5 Pro stops IE cold.

Fresh install on Win98SE using ZA defaults. IE will not retrieve any pages from Web, as if there were no DNS.

Yet, ping and ftp work OK.

Any ideas?

TIA HaroldWho

Reply to
HaroldWho
Loading thread data ...

Go back to version 4.5. Every release of 5.0 up is buggy.

DDDD

Reply to
Don dunlap

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 16:40:56 -0500, Don dunlap wrote in comp.security.firewalls:

Arrgh! Well, I'm gonna screw around with 5 some more before I write it off. I'll post again if I find the problem. Googling on this IE/ZA issue tells me that I'm not alone, though. I necer saw a clear cut answer on Goog.

Thanks again HW

Reply to
HaroldWho

Don't know about Linux. W98SE, Norton Systemworks 2003, Firefox 1.0 put on ZA 5.5.0.62 because they were supposed to have fixed the yenc problem. They DID fix it and everything works flawlessly. Maybe IE is your problem.

Reply to
orping

Are the DNS and DHCP servers in the Trusted Zone of ZA's Zone panel? If you don't know the IP's then go to Start > Run > type in 'command' > click 'ok', then type 'ipconfig/all' (without the quotes) and a window will open giving you the DNS and DHCP servers' IP. Make sure they are in the Trusted Zone.

Reply to
Jordan

Thanks! I'll followup tomorrow.

HW

Reply to
HaroldWho

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.