Zone Alarm free 6.1.737.0 on XPsp2

I have upgraged from ZA 4.5 to Zone Alarm free 6.1.737.0 on XPsp2.

I am getting some new alerts.

I have Realtek LAN card which has an entry in ZA: RTL 8139 family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC, Packet Scheduler miniport Zone: Internet Entry Type: Adapter Subnet IP Address/ Site: 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0

To the above, my ADSL modem Beetle 220x is conencted giving

256kpbs broadband.

Net is working perfectly well. However I often get ZA alerts that "something" from 192.168.1.1 has been stopped to/from internet or something.

ZA doesn't give any option about it. The window of alert just has the option "don't show this alert the next time."

What does this alert mean? How is it affecting my system? What should be done about it?

I am having AVG Antivirus free edition.

Thanks.

Reply to
V S Rawat
Loading thread data ...

It means, that Zone Alarm gives you useless alerts. Because you have Windows XP, just use the Windows-Firewall. You don't need Zone Alarm at all.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk
192.168.1.2 is probably our LAN IP, you have to instruct zonealarm to put it into trusted zone. Don't do it if that IP is not your LAN IP.

"V S Rawat" je napisao u poruci interesnoj grupi:xn0ejc7xj3joiz004@127.0.0.1...

Reply to
alf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.