ZA blocked intrusions?

I have a connection to the internet with a cable modem. I have been using Zone Alarm for about 2 months and it tells me it has blocked over 8000 intrusion attempts, 17 of with are high rated. This seems like a lot but I have no point of reference. Just wondered if this was unusual or par for the course. Thanks.

Reply to
CSimmons29
Loading thread data ...

OK. I had a US Robotics router connected between modem and computer. All was fine for a while then had intermittent problems getting online. Open my browser (any browser) and nothing happens. So my isp (Cox) says the problem is probably with the router and I should try getting online with the router disconnected. Sure enough-problem solved. ISP says I may have to adjust some router settings. How to do that I haven't a clue. I would like to have the router connected for the security but it doesn't help much if I can't get online. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Win XP Home/512 ram/1.1 mhz celeron.

Reply to
CSimmons29

We block a couple thousand per 24 hour period on Road Runner.

Reply to
Leythos

And each intrusion has to be processed by ZA eating up your computing power. Get a cheap Nat router and let it block them thereby freeing up your computer....

Reply to
Woody

"CSimmons29" wrote in news:hUHhe.27141$Um.11726@lakeread08:

It's everyday life out there on the Internet. What do you care as long as they are being blocked? You get a cheap $20 NAT router and put it in front of the machine and ZA won't report anything.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

It sounds like it is time to start reading and learning. Start with the router manual.... It is amazing how it is always the other products fault when you call tech support....

Reply to
Woody

"CSimmons29" wrote in news:AIKhe.27159$Um.8962@lakeread08:

I would get on the phone or somehow contact US Robotics Thec Support about the router. They can give you advice and also teach you a thing or two about the router. You have to support your own setup no one is going to do it for you is the bottom. You need to learn how to support it.

On the other hand, the router could have gone defective too if you're not protecting it properly electrically.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.