What's new in ZoneAlarm Free v6.5.722?

I use Zone Alarm Free v6.1.744 on Windows XP.

Now, v6.5.722 is available. The ZoneLabs web site says there are improvements, but I can find no meaningful description of them.

Can anybody report specifically what the new version does that's new or improved?

I don't want to risk destabilizing things here unless the improvements are significant.

Reply to
MyVeryOwnSelf
Loading thread data ...

Take a look at the FAQs.

The first question is "What's new in ZoneAlarm Pro 6.5?"

Notan

Reply to
Notan

Thanks for the clue.

There are a lot of fluffy meaningless generalities in the FAQ, and there's no FAQ for just the Free version. Here's what I can figure out from the FAQ. Is this correct?

1. Identity Theft Protection: nothing there for the Free edition.

1. Spy Site Blocking: not in the Free edition, according to ZoneLabs feature comparison chart,
    formatting link

1. Game mode: same as #2.

I guess the Zone Alarm daily pop-up is just an ad for the Pro edition.

Reply to
MyVeryOwnSelf

All I noticed was a different window design for the updates of AV and AS signatures, and the "Spy Sites" list (another tab/window added to the Anti-Spyware section.

However 6.5722 is unstable (and crashes a lot, and seizes up so you can't quit the program) I've found and have to backtrack to 6.1744.

Reply to
Andrew Murray

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'll stick with 6.1744.

Reply to
MyVeryOwnSelf

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.