Watchguards and VNC

Hello, Without reasons, I don't connect my VNC client (standard ports) to VNC server at my home. I use a Watchguard firewall, without rules modified. Someone can be help me, please ? Thanks.

Reply to
Roger
Loading thread data ...

I have not been in front of my WG for sometime. But I think you would need a Custom Service made/configured addressing the inbound ports that VNC needs open/forwarded to the LAN IP/machine that needs the port(s) open. And the computer on the LAN with VNC should be using a static IP and not a DHCP IP. If you're trying to do this from work to home, you may not get past the company's FW to make the connection.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

You can not connect using VNC if you don't create a custom set of rules.

The location you are sitting at must allow the VNC ports outbound (typical is 5900) and your remote (home) watchguard must have a custom rule created to allow TCP 5900 (default, you can use anything as long as it's the same on both ends) to NAT to your PC (which should have a fixed IP in the home network).

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.