I have been trying to setup a VPN but every time i try to connect from the client machine to the VPN server it tries to verify the username and password and them gives me the following error : Error 721 the remote computer did not respond. Here is how I have got my setup..........
- Router with a Static public IP Address 64.XX.XX.XX and a static internal IP Address of 192.168.1.1 subnet mask of 255.255.255.0.
- The internet connection comes directly to the router and I have a Lan connection going to my switch/hub, rest of my internal client machines including the server connect through the switch/hub.
- I have Windows 2003 running on the server which is used as a file sharing server, print server and VPN Server. It is also a domain for all the client machine with a Static IP address of 192.168.1.3
- All the client machines are using Windows XP Prof.
- The client machines connect to this domain and get a dynamic IP through the router which is set up as a DHCP.
- While setting up the VPN I have forwarded the port 1723 & 47 to the server IP address of 192.168.1.3. If I don't forward this port the client machine is unable to connect giving a error 800 : Unable to establish a VPN connect.
- On my VPN server I have enabled Remote Access permissions to all the user.
Presently I am trying to connect via VPN from my internal network but still i am getting the error 721, once I am successfully from the internal network I will try to connect from the remote machine.
Guys please help me out I am really stuck out here. There is one option which I have not tried is putting off the DHCP of the router and enabling it on the server, please let me know if this is going to help? or if there is something i am doing wrong. Thanks.