Publishing internal VPN Server through a Cisco 827 ADSL Router

Hi,

I'm trying to build a project for a customer of mine, he has a cisco router as a perimeter firewall/router (827 ADSL router). This router does NAT (he has a single external IP address), and inside the LAN there is another server that acts as a VPN Server (l2tp/ipsec). So this VPN server has no direct connection to the internet (it has a private IP Address), any connection to outside he mades is through the 827 router.

My customer wants his remote users to use this VPN Server, and so I have to publish the VPN server in the Cisco Router. From what I have read, I had to publish 500, 4500 udp ports and also protocol esp.

So my conf would look like this:

ip nat inside source static esp x.x.x.x interface Dialer1 ip nat inside source static udp x.x.x.x 500 y.y.y.y 500 extendable ip nat inside source static udp x.x.x.x 4500 y.y.y.y 4500 extendable

(x.x.x.x would be my internal VPN Server IP address, and y.y.y.y would be the external and public 827 IP address)

What is my problem? That this is not working... something is wrong, but our remote vpn users cannot connect. What is wrong?

Thank you very much!

Reply to
AngeL_VenjadoR
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate the Cisco 827 Firewall Configuration:

formatting link
as well as Cisco 827 ADSL Firewall IPSec Configuration:

formatting link
and Cisco 827 Firewall PPTP Configuration:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Resumes

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Brad, thanks for your answer.

However I really dont need to configure the pptp or ipsec on the cisco router, since the only thing I want to do is let ipsec/l2tp traffic pass through the router, to the internal VPN Server.

If Im not wr> You may wish to investigate the Cisco 827 Firewall Configuration: >

Reply to
AngeL_VenjadoR

You may want to investigate Cisco 827 Advanced Router Configuration:

formatting link
and Tech Documents:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese

2007 Cisco Salary Rates
formatting link
Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.