Usenet allowed from work?

Maybe. Actually, I'm not working in military projects.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk
Loading thread data ...

Wilful destruction of evidence could well lead to perverting the course of justice, and breach the Computer Misuse Act, the Regulation Of Investigatory Powers Act, the Police and Criminal Evidence Act, I could go on....

Ever heard of extradition? Is your radio show so good that someone would want to leave the country for it? You have a very high opinion of yourself, yet in here at least, you are a joke!

Bogwitch.

Reply to
Bogwitch

Germany, since about 2 weeks ago or so. "Hacking tools" have been outlawed, but it will be hard to argue that it's a "hacking tool" and not a "network security analysis tool", especially if it's being used by the IT security officer himself ;-)

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Speaking of which, haven't seen one of their spams for ages. Are they still around? I had hoped the place went dotcom ;-)

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Only if you punch out first. During worktime you work - that's what you get payed for.

Once you get old enough to get a job, you'll learn that pretty fast...

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Alternatively, empty logs are a sign that you should install an eventlog- to-syslog service on that machine - sending all eventlog entries automatically to your central syslogd :-)

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

What should one expect from a ministry that wants to install trojans on terrorist PCs (regardless of OS, no mention at all on how they want to get the user to be dumb enough to install the trojan...)

And it still is a LOT saner than the gun&knife laws...

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Well, I dont actually advocate that program by name anymore, because they now use product activation that ties one copy of the program to one machine, meaning that if you install it, say. on your work PC, and they put a new PC at your desk, you have to purchase a new licence to use it on the new machine.

So I advocate other programs that companies that have not yet decided to rob you blind, just because you get a new machine. Evidence Blaster costs 1/3 less than Evidence Eliminator and does not have Product Activation, tying one copy to one machine, as far as I know.

Its also a good idea to use these programs before taking your computer through Customs, when travelling, becusae you never know what kind of illegal stuff may lurk on your computer. Since U.S and U.K. Customs regularly scan computers now, I clean them with programs like Evidence Blaster, before travel, so that neither U.S. or U.K. Customs will not get anything if they decide to scan your machine.

Reply to
Chlly8

If this were the case, Robin Hood Software would have been shut down long ago. The company that makes EE is based in your country, in Nottingham to be exact. If what you are saying were true, the authorites would have shut down Robin Hood Software long ago. Since the program is made and sold legally in the U.K., I dont think its use would be illegal either, at least not under the Police and Criminal Evidence Act or Investigatory Powers Act. Maybe under the Computer Misuse Act, if they broke any admin passwords to install the program, but certainly not under any of the other acts you mention.

Reply to
Chlly8

There you go again, not understanding - it's the act of removing the evidence that is illegal, not the enabling it.

Reply to
Leythos

You make my point very well. There is nothing wrong with listening to web radio as long as you are doing your work. As long as you are doing your work, there is nothing wrong with listening to web radio from work. Some people may think otherwise, but I see no thing wrong with listening to internet radio from work.

Reply to
Chlly8

I just premiered a new show on my station, the "Morning Playhouse", aimed at New Zealand and Australian (my station operates out of Australia) listeners getting ready to start the workday, and while I wont have the full statistics until tommorrow, I can say that there were a LOT of Australia and NZ workplaces connected during my show today. So the new morning show on my station appears to be a popular way to start the workday.

Becuase my station is an Australian station, advocating things like proxies and other measures to evade blocking and/or monitoring is NOT illegal and it NOT unethical.

Reply to
Chlly8

Advocating breaking company policy is always unethical, doesn't matter what country.

Reply to
Leythos

What I am doing is not against the law in Australia. It is neither illegal for me to give the information to those who want it, nor is it illegal, under Australian law, to use it, as long as they are not breaking any company passwords to do so.

And contrary to what Bogwitch thinks, all this stuff about willfully destroying evidence ONLY applies, just like in the U.S., if a police investigation is launched, and you are aware of it at the time you launch programs like Evidence Blaster, Evidence Eliminator, Killdisk, etc. If there is no active police investigation, then the all those laws regarding destroying evidence DO NOT APPLY. So using Evidence Eliminator is not illegal, as long as you are not aware of any active criminal investigations against you, and as long as you do not break any password to do so.

Reply to
Chlly8

Actually, Violation of Company Policy can get anyone fired, illegal or not, it's company policy that rules. The person that follows your unethical suggestions could be fired and then come back on you and your unethical suggestions for liability damages...

Actually, even in Oz, the employer can fire the person for just about any reason, and violating company rules/policy can and certainly does get people fired.

So, keep trying to tell people that your unethical ways are proper, that their breaking company policy is OK, and you'll soon be reading about people that were fired for abusing the company resources like we see every day in every country.

So, another case of you not listening and screwing your listeners with your unethical ways and suggestions.

Reply to
Leythos

Mandatory record retention, for one thing.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Not at all -- What may well be legal for a person to do in the privacy of their own home on their own computer will often not be even close to being legal at a company.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

And that is the crux of the problem, you see nothing wrong with it and therefore assume no one will ever see anything wrong with it.

Reply to
DevilsPGD

"Leythos" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@adfree.Usenet.com...

Some people can be appreciative, depending on the situation. There is the one woman I mentioned up thread, whose best friend was that pairs skater that was injured at Four Continents last season. She did manage to get onto one skating board and ask for help in keeping up on the news of what was happening to her friend, in a way, where the boss would not know about it, and as a skating broadcaster and fellow skating fan, I was more than happy to help. I just created a login and password for her on the proxy to my network, and then sent her that, and the client program, in Private Message (PM), so she could log on. Since the client program required no installation, and was small enough to fit on a floppy, she merely saved it to a floppy, logged on to my proxy, and then changed the proxy settings on her browser, so that the connection would go to the client program, where the traffic would be encrypted, before it went to my proxy. This allowed her to keep up with news on how her friend was doing, in a way where the boss would not know. She was VERY appreciative of what I did, becuase her boss had NO CLUE as to what she was up to. They would see the encrypted traffic to my proxy, but would have NO IDEA she was surfing skating boards and websites to keep up on what her friend was doing. For a long time, Figure Skating Universe was not in any of the filteing lists of the major vendors (until one guy who was really pisssed off, and I mean PISSSED off, over being banned from there, submitted the URL to all the major filteirng vendors, and got it included in the filtering list). FS Universe was the one skating site she could get to from her workplace, and I was more than happy to help facilitate her sneaking past company policy to keep up on how her friend was doing. Apparently this one woman, in Canada, is a very good friend of this one pairs skater. And I was more than happy to help a fellow skating fan in this situation. With the encrypted connection to my company proxy, there is no POSSIBLE way that her employer would have EVER figured out what she was up to. She had several connections going. She was listening to my broadcast, as well as surfing the boards at Figure Skating Universe and GoldenSkate, with her boss having any CLUE as to what she was up to.

Since the client program was saved to a floppy disk, that fact that it was run would never have shown up in any event logs, becuase it was run from an external USB floppy drive, and not from the hard disk.

Reply to
Chlly8

Bull Crap - any connection can easily be spotted by a security type that is looking for your unethical type of crap.

We catch people like this all the time, not to mention that they get fired for it in many cases.

You can keep posting your unethical rants, but, the fact is, you are about as unethical as any other hack on the net.

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.