1) Download the following three items...
Trend Sysclean Package
Latest Trend signature files.
Adaware SE (free personal version v1.05)
Create a directory. On drive "C:\" (e.g., "c:\New Folder") or the desktop (e.g., "C:\Documents and Settings\lipman\Desktop\New Folder")
Download SYSCLEAN.COM and place it in that directory. Download the Trend Pattern File by obtaining the ZIP file. For example; lpt271.zip
Extract the contents of the ZIP file and place the contents in the same directory as SYSCLEAN.COM.
2) Update Adaware with the latest definitions.
3) Disable System Restore
Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
5) Using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete any infectors/parasites found. (a few cycles may be needed)
6) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using both the Trend Sysclean utility and Adaware
7) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences, (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
8) Reboot your PC.
9) Create a new Restore point
- * * Please report back your results * * *
| > There is NO problem with WinXP SP2 and DSL an any way shape or form. | >
| > You removed malware that had hooks into the WINSOCK. You now need to repair WINSOCK. | >
| > Download and use LSP-Fix for the repair. | >
| > Dave | >