SOHO3 Firewall: License exceed, too many connections

It's true, I exceeded the number of allowed IPs. Since then (an hour ago) I got rid of some of the IPs that had previously been connected. My question is when Sonicwall SOHO3 will figure this out. Is there some way to manually delete IPs from a table? Frustrating to wait...feels open ended...

Thanks.

pk

Reply to
pk
Loading thread data ...

Yes, just reset the firewall either manually (reset button or power supply connector) or via the web interface. The way the SOHO3 works is it remembers every IP that hits the firewall. Some alternatives are to set the range of IP addresses that are connected to LAN in the setup. If you have systems that do not need internet access, you can also manually configure them and do not give them a default gateway. This will reduce the number of IPs that the SOHO3 sees.

I too run into this problem. At a remote site I have limited the systems that have the default gateway set to the firewall. In the office where I spend most of my time, I simply reset the firewall when it coughs at Too Many IPs.

JP3

Reply to
jim

or you install some simle cheap nat router between sw and all workstations that have no special rule/nat etc., then it will see only one address. depends on your setup of course.

M
Reply to
mak

The best way is to create object groups and give access to them. This will secure the network from roaming users and Box will not get connectin overloaded.

Thanks CK

Reply to
CK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.