PIX - acl breaks implicit outbound rule

Hi There,

I'm trying to get successful two way communication over a selected port range between 2 hosts on different interfaces.

Interface 1 (100) ------------ Interface 2 (90)

host1 (10.0.1.11) ------------ host2 (10.0.5.2)

I've already put in a static route so host1 can get down to host2, however I need host2 to be able to open a connection back through on selected ports.

I've been able to get it semi-working by applying the following:

static (Interface1,Interface2) 10.0.5.200 10.0.1.11 netmask

255.255.255.255 access-list Interface2toInterface1 extended permit udp host 10.0.5.2 host 10.0.5.200 eq port-range access-group Interface2toInterface1 in interface Interface2

However, it replaces the implicit outbound rule for Interface2 and breaks all other outbound traffic on the interface. My question is, what can I append to the above access group to put the outbound rule back in?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be super useful

Thanks!

Reply to
useofweapons
Loading thread data ...

10.0.5.200 eq port-range

Add in a deny to anything else in Interface 1 that might present a usable IP to Interface 2 (e.g., other statics or nat 0 access-list), followed by a permit of 10.0.5/24 to any.

You probably don't need that: if you have a regular default route for hosts on Interface 1 to go out via the PIX, then the default route will take care of getting the packets to the PIX for redistribution to host2.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.