Should I be suspicious of this?

I'm always suspicious of sex links that point back to lawless or communist countries, and somebody posted this link for a nipple slip pic onto agc, but the link points back to China.

formatting link
The link makes it look like they're in Australia, which they aren't, so it looks like they've gone to a lot of trouble to cover their trail. Norton Security flags it as clean, but I worry that the Chinese are good enough to get around Norton and still get a Trojan under the radar.

Should I be suspicious of this, or am I just being a fraidy cat?

Reply to
Bluuuue Rajah
Loading thread data ...

No, it doesn't. It points to 174.132.105.34 which is owned by theplanet.com in the US.

Hardly. They're using Hostgator.

$> host downunderdaily.com downunderdaily.com has address 174.132.105.34

$> host 174.132.105.34

34.105.132.174.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer gator618.hostgator.com.

$> whois 174.132.105.34 OrgName: ThePlanet.com Internet Services, Inc. ... Country: US ... NetRange: 174.132.0.0 - 174.133.255.255 CIDR: 174.132.0.0/15 OriginAS: AS13749, AS21844, AS30315, AS36420 NetName: NETBLK-THEPLANET-BLK-15 ...etc.

Reply to
Ant

So tell me, how often is your AV database updated. Last stats I saw was about 4,000 new pieces of malware released daily. That works out to around 1 ever 30 seconds.

Then your AV vendor has to catch a copy, test, update their database and you get around to downloading it sometime later.

You might want to click on some of the dates and check detection time at

formatting link
then click the Malware Outbreak Center link.

Reply to
Bit Twister

Well, by running *nix based systems like Slackware Linux, PC-BSD and Mac OS X, I am not worried to much. Although subscribing to Full Discloser via email makes me wonder if I should be...

Considering that all links to it are posted on forums by newbies I would say yes.

But I went to the site. Ugly old woman... No malware issues on Firefox on a updated *nix box

Reply to
Robert James

Just to avoid the top-posting I did a big snip. Thought you had this fixed up yesterday.

She is neither ugly or old, at least by my definition, but there are big black rectangles in place of the nips, so the OP shouldn't feel like he is missing anything.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Robbie is a youngster and probably thinks 40 is old. Damn, I wish I was that young again.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Water Displacement Recipe #40 probably won't help joints much. ;-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Hell, it stops the squeaking for a little while.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Daring Dufas: meant no offence but ya 40 is a bit old. The point I was making is that that Bluuuue Rajah is he's not missing much. Just that's she's no Alicia Silverstone, Drew Barrymore or Mira Sorvino. Then again I only remember 'em from the 90's so they are all going on 40 anyway... :(

Onideus Mad Hatter: True, scripting is the cause of a lot of issues, but there are several vulnerabilities in plugins, addons, and in some cases the browser itself. I like to use a virtual sandbox operating system to do most of my online work, and edit out almost everything in about:config.

Bit Twister: I find that virus and rootkit scanners, with even the best heuristics fail often. By compressing, crypting and binding even a well know trojan can bypass almost all AVs,,, even when excuted! And unless the malware is prevalent then AV companies rarely find or add it.

FrozenNorth: Was replying in the comp.security.firewalls group, never noticed it was also in alt.2600 till I sent a reply. O' and wile WD-40 may not work on joints, superglue sure as hell works on my molar's huge tooth cavity! Canada, free useless health care, without dental. Underpaid ten dollar doctors, and over greedy thousand dollar dentists...

Reply to
Robert James

And our own American Commiecrats want socialized medicine. It has failed miserably everywhere and BeeHO doesn't comprehend it or has some ulterior motive like gaining more control over the lives of the citizenry. I believe it's a control move and the the people in charge are certainly not be going to the same hospitals as the the lowly proletariat. It will be just like the old Soviet Union when they get their way. Those in charge will live in luxury and we the people will drown in vodka. I can't wait.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Even one is equal, and all equals are in poverty as was in Russia, soon most of North America. No, I support the idea of free healthcare, it's just that all the bums have abused the system and all the doctors do nothing but prescribe drugs ( which is not included in public insurance ). Any good doctors move to the states when they get their degree, and we are left with candy stripe nurses. But hay, at least the soviets had vodka, here it's taxes to high hell like everything else.

Reply to
Robert James

Socialized medicine has not failed anywhere where do you get your information?

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Robert, you have no idea of what you speak. In the US, although we have some of the best doctors, the average dr., that is, the dr's you get with an HMO are barely up to snuff. The worst thing about it is the insurance company telling you you have to see Dr. "A" even though they are a shitty Dr, and you don't like them, and the insurance company, with only profit motive in mind, telling you you can't have a treatment or service you need because "they" don't approve of it. You have no idea how good you have it. The DD is a product of the cold war mentality where they were brainwashed into believing that anything provided by government = the govt is controlling their lives and it's communist and we're all going to hell because... but when it comes to the "because" part he has no answer, just what the government told him. So in essence, he has become his own worst fear.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

A lot of truth in that. It really can vary a lot depending on where you live. I am fortunate to have company benefits that are extremely good, although the cost has risen quite a lot over the last decade or so. I have learned to shop well for my medical care, and, unfortunately, I have needed a lot lately. My general practitioner is wonderful. He actually read one of my emergency room reports and caught a misdiagnoses. His staff called me the next day and said to come in now. He was right and saved me a LOT of pain and suffering. Impressed the hell out of me.

You have to know how to manage your health care - but it is not an easy thing to do. You have to know a lot and be very diligent to insure that your care is good quality. Most people just are not capable of doing it, especially while they are sick.

Changing the health care situation in the US will probably be the hardest task the pres has accepted. There is no easy answer. Hillary failed at it. Obama probably will too. Hope that I'm wrong.

-oldami

Reply to
Oldami

A lot of truth in that. It really can vary a lot depending on where you live. I am fortunate to have company benefits that are extremely good, although the cost has risen quite a lot over the last decade or so. I have learned to shop well for my medical care, and, unfortunately, I have needed a lot lately. My general practitioner is wonderful. He actually read one of my emergency room reports and caught a misdiagnoses. His staff called me the next day and said to come in now. He was right and saved me a LOT of pain and suffering. Impressed the hell out of me.

You have to know how to manage your health care - but it is not an easy thing to do. You have to know a lot and be very diligent to insure that your care is good quality. Most people just are not capable of doing it, especially while they are sick.

Changing the health care situation in the US will probably be the hardest task the pres has accepted. There is no easy answer. Hillary failed at it. Obama probably will too. Hope that I'm wrong.

-oldami

Reply to
Oldami

Everything I know, I learned from Usenet. FLNF

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I figured so much.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

You're not having fun, Rhonda? Then why are you here?

Reply to
VanguardLH

Keep defending that marvelous alt.2600 group. You go girl. (Wow, I just managed to cough that one out.)

Reply to
VanguardLH

[...]

Sure...that could put someone's eye out.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.