Suspicious n/a network activity

Hello folks,

Recentrly i noticed that Agnitums Outpost Pro v3 firewall of mine very often shows to me the following network activity of an n/a process.

n/a stands for not identified process? why not identified if so? Is it something suspicious? Should i block it? How can i get more info about it?

n/a TCP local:10.0.0.1 2295 83.142.183.124 4661 Allow activity for application emule.exe OUT 4:27:28 ìì 10 sec(s) 82 Bytes 160 Bytes 22 Bps ---

Reply to
Nicky
Loading thread data ...

thank you but i think ill need some transalation to that :-)

Reply to
Nicky

n/a means that whatever the first data point represents is not present in the packet.

emule is an open source peer-2-peer program.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

You'd get much more help if you'd quote some of what you need translation for.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

well it was3 lines of text that why i didnt quote :-)

Are you implying suspicious activity from emule?

Please exaplin in a greater detail

Tahnk you. i see

Reply to
Nicky

i have only 1 pc and i run emule. i just dont understand why it characterizing the converstaion as n/a

Reply to
Nicky

See, we're not in a converstation across the table at each other, you shouldn't expect anyone to remember what was written in any other message.

But anyway, it looks like the emule.exe program is running, and it's generating that activity. If you don't care that folks run emule in your network, then I guess you're ok.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Well, what does your other activity show in the first field?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Just the name of the process that startes this activity for example shareaza.exe

Reply to
Nicky

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.