Service Pack 2 for Windows XP

Hello everyone, I was wonder if any one could tell me some action plan I can take to solve a problem. I have problems with the firewall in service pack 2 because everytime I install it my internet becomes low or limited connection. So, I uninstall the service pack 2 and the problem still stays. So, if someone could help it would be great.

Thank you

Reply to
noise_marine
Loading thread data ...

Internet Explorer wont go to any websites but the msn messager will login. So for the internet the connection is to low for searching internet site and this only happens right after I install the service pack 2. Im using sympatico high speed edition as my internet connection. I dont know if this helps at all but thanks for trying.

Reply to
Doom Siren

I don't understand what you mean by low or limited connection. Is your Internet connection normally a dial up connection?

In that case the problem may not be anything to do with service pack 2.

If you can give a more detailed description of what is wrong then it may be possible to offer some guesses as to what the cause could be. What program are you using when you have problems and what exactly goes wrong?

Jason

Reply to
Jason Edwards

I think it may be impossible to solve this problem for you here. If msn messenger logs in then your Internet connection is obviously active. There are many possible reasons why Internet Explorer won't go to any web sites. I think you may have to get someone in your area to have a look. My first move might be to check the computer for adware/viruses/trojans Do you have a virus scanner installed on that computer?

Jason

Reply to
Jason Edwards

How do you connect to the Internet?

Have you checked your machine for spyware?

Do you run a quality antivirus program?

Reply to
Leythos

On 6 Feb 2005 12:33:02 -0800, noise snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spoketh

No need to uninstall. Simply disable the "Windows Firewall" service, if you believe that is the source of your problem.

Lars M. Hansen

formatting link
'badnews' with 'news' in e-mail address)

Reply to
Lars M. Hansen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.