PCAnywhere & Windows XP Service Pack 2 & Kerio Firewall

Hi,

I was using PCAnywhere 11 with no issues until I (perhaps too readily) installed XP Service Pack 2. Since then I have not been able to connect to the same host PC. I have read that Service Pack 2 installation changes setting on firewalls and port settings. I was running Kerio Personal Firewall 4. I tried uninstalling that but to no avail. I have trawled various mail groups but no-one seems to have experienced similar issues.

Any help or information would be appreciated.

Rik

Reply to
Rik
Loading thread data ...

"Rik" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I am running PCAnywhere with two XP and 1 Win 2K machine PCAW v 10 and 11 with no issues and XP SP 2 is on the machines. I have one PFW - BlackIce running on the XP laptop which has a rule to accept any IP(s) issued by the DHCP server on the home network. I think unless you have disabled the XP SP2 FW which is enabled by default on the NIC when SP 2 is installed, then PCAW is going to be blocked by XP's SP 2 FW. That's the only thing that can be happening is the XP's FW is enabled on the NIC's and is blocking unless you disable it or you have set rules on the FW to allow tafiic on the PCAW port.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.