Functionality problems with Ebay UK website - a Norton Antivirus 2004 user...

Hello everyone

I have posted this query in the hope of helping my friend using the Ebay UK website....

Although I am aware of known problems between Norton Antivirus 2004 preventing some functionality of the Ebay UK site... I am unsure if anyone has experienced a problem like this...

When selecting the item to sell, say a book on birds of the feathered kind

1. Firstly you click on the category for 'BOOKS'

1. Then select e.g. 'NON FICTION BOOKS'

2. From here, she is unable to progress any further - when in fact you should progress onto 'NATURE/OUTDOORS'

1. Then 'BIRDS/BIRD WATCHING'

I've tried running through steps 1-4 on my own PC - and it works whereas she is unable to progress onto step 4.

btw She has already attempted to delete cookies; but that doesn't solve her problem.

She is currently running the following;

Windows XP V2002, Service Pack 2 Norton Antivirus 2004 Internet Explorer 6 v6.0.2900.218 Office 2003

I am using;

Windows XP V2002, Service Pack 1 Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Internet Explorer 6 v6.0.2800.1106 Office XP

Any thoughts? Please help by posting a reply!

my address; snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net

(remove 'no-spam-please.' before sending)

Many thanks in anticipation

Graham

Reply to
grahams
Loading thread data ...

Hello everyone

I have posted this query in the hope of helping my friend using the Ebay UK website....

Although I am aware of known problems between Norton Antivirus 2004 preventing some functionality of the Ebay UK site... I am unsure if anyone has experienced a problem like this...

When selecting the item to sell, say a book on birds of the feathered kind

1. Firstly you click on the category for 'BOOKS'

1. Then select e.g. 'NON FICTION BOOKS'

2. From here, she is unable to progress any further - when in fact you should progress onto 'NATURE/OUTDOORS'

1. Then 'BIRDS/BIRD WATCHING'

I've tried running through steps 1-4 on my own PC - and it works whereas she is unable to progress onto step 4.

btw She has already attempted to delete cookies; but that doesn't solve her problem.

She is currently running the following;

Windows XP V2002, Service Pack 2 Norton Antivirus 2004 Internet Explorer 6 v6.0.2900.218 Office 2003

I am using;

Windows XP V2002, Service Pack 1 Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Internet Explorer 6 v6.0.2800.1106 Office XP

Any thoughts? Please help by posting a reply!

my address; snipped-for-privacy@fsmail.net

(remove 'no-spam-please.' before sending)

Many thanks in anticipation

Graham

Reply to
grahams

Well as far as I know all of eBay sites uses some kind of ActiveX controls to launch the items selection browser ,and it's 90% possible that Norton is causing this trouble ,I remember having many problems myself when I installed Norton Antivirus2004 including many sites unloadable and many pictures doesn't appear on web pages ,to solve this particular problem you have two choices ,first is to keep Norton installed and when initiating the selling process I believe there's an option on eBay sites that lets you use an old version of the selling browser that don't cause any problems ,I don't know if this option is still available or not because the last time I have sold something on eBay was two years ago ,the second option is to uninstall Norton and install other software(I personally recommend Zone security suite) and get rid of the noisy Norton forever!

Reply to
NightLegend

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.