Problems with ASTARO V4

Hi there. I installed an ASL V4 on a machine. And I seem to have forgotten something. What I did is this, using the webmin interface. The eth0 interface is for the internal network 192.168.5.0/24 and the eth1 is for the ADSL modem (Zyxel Prestige 645) connection

1 I started and configured the DHCP server for the internal network and it works fine. 2 I configured eth1 for the PPTPoE/PPPoA-DSL Connection. The Modem IP is 10.0.0.138, NIC IP is 10.0.0.136/24 and the address to ping is my ISP's DNS IP. User name and password for the connection is in there too. 3 Then I define a new Masquerading rule between the internal network and eth1 4 I connect eth1 to the modem and enable eht1.

On the 'Current Interface Status' page the interface status led goes to green but the oper is down. On the same page the parameters for eth1 are like??? ??? ??? ??? / ??? ??? ??? ???. From the internal network I can ping 10.0.0.136 and from the console I can ping

10.0.0.132 (the modem)

When I connect my old iptables firewall / gateway / router machine to modem, the ADSL connection gets up and running in some seconds. I have tried to reboot the ASL and the modem without any luck. I have replaced the nic's for eth1 just in case of a faulty nic, (I tried 4 different cards) but it's just the same.

Now, please, can anyone tell me what I forgot?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Ragnar W.

Reply to
ragnarw
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.