Port scans through NAT router?

This *clown* will song and dance you with the BS and won't face the fact that the traffic has come through.

Reply to
Duane Arnold
Loading thread data ...

One other thing you *clown*, I don't hold on to things or evidence from two years ago to present it to some *clown* upon request wanting some kind of proof as to what did or didn't happen. I am pretty sure you keep your butt cheeks tight for such an occasion. I know that's what you do.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Thanks again for the detail.

I've been in this game long enough to know that what can't happen sometimes does so I try to avoid disputing what someone says they saw unless I was there at the time.

Troubleshooting rule #3 ... just because some other part of a system should be working a certain way don't assume it is.

Rgds,

BernieM

Reply to
BernieM

Yeah, I was shot two years ago but the audience want's hard proof that I was shot -- news at 11:00. Someone will be saying the same thing to the OP one day. I who was not there on the scene know how you got shot you don't know how you were shot.

Regards

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Go get the logs from the archives and present them. For lack of ethernet information, you're going to have a very hard time convincing anyone, short of yourself, that this traffic was not generated by your own infected machines.

Reply to
Dom

Put a gun to your head and pull the trigger or go hang yourself. Like I told you before, you hold no standing to me and you mean nothing. If it's that important to you, you go find them. I talked with another poster I have respect for and that's all that counts - you don't.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I was unable to find the logs. I doubt that you ever posted them.

Reply to
Dom

I know what I did and the people who I posted to about this that ask me to present the evidence in this NG at the time I was talking about this know what I posted. How many times do I have to tell you that you mean

*nothing*? You are a tight cheeked *clown* that again you mean nothing to me.
Reply to
Duane Arnold

One thing, since you're going to start doing what I ask you to do, then do this will you. You can go to the nearest bridge, tie some weights to your ankles, pull the Glock 9mm out of your pocket, jump, and shoot yourself in the head on the way down so that you won't drown. I don't want you to suffer as I do have a heart.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Could you just killfile that idiot and spare everyone the noise? Please? Thanks.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Let it be written and let it be done - you got it.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

And your refusal to reproduce the evidence reflects negatively on your argument. I wouldn't be so challenging, but your claim is preposterous.

Since you refuse to substantiate your claim, let's talk method. How would one go about forwarding unsolicited traffic to a privately addressed host across a NAT? It is possible under very specific conditions, but I don't suppose that you would be able to outline such conditions. Even under such conditions, you'll find that your claim is an impossibility.

Reply to
Dom

If someone is interested, then

formatting link
a good summary about this topic, I think.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I rest my case. And I am telling you it happened to me with that Linksys NAT router.

I am keeping this link for the next time someone jumps in my face.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

This case is far from closed. The link provided but a single piece of the puzzle: "...NAT equipment that would accept packets addressed to the correct internal IP..." To actually make this happen requires specific vectors that are not addressed by that vague-at-best link.

Reply to
Dom

LOL

It's *closed* as far as I am concerned.

You have been caught with your pants down. Is your underwear clean? The article I got from WatchGuard was saying basically same thing that I posted in this NG as few months back on how a NAT device can be attacked. I didn't keep that either. See if you can find that *Sherlock*.

I am going to start calling you Bullshit NAT King Dom.

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Reply to
Jeff B

Hey, I didn't start this and I didn't start cussing someone out off the top of the bat either. I grew up in the streets where you learn *NOT* to let someone step on you. The Internet is no more than the streets to me and I will apply street mentality when necessary and by any means necessary.

I hope this is the end too because I am tired of that lunatic. :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

learn to 'just consider the source' and let them deficate their reputation, not yours. The cool head usually wins :-)

imo, having a stature of only 5'5", I had to learn to talk fast and perhaps even run faster. Shouting, pushing, shoving, and of course name calling are sure signs that someone has lost the ability to cope and to make an intelligent reply!

Reply to
Jeff B

You could also choose a boardroom mentality.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.