One help required about DSL Router reboot

1.3 seconds, if it's not already running. (why the hell should some close programs?)

Use "curl". A request to http://355.354.353.352/resetrouter_en.cgi?lanRefresh=0 with the login credentials supplied should be enough.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk
Loading thread data ...

Hi folks,

I had written about how I was guided by my ISP support guys to be able to reboot my DSL router by my browser itself to get new IP address, thus avoiding manual switching on/off.

It is working alright, but I have to start browser for that which is a long process for FireFox 1.5

I am quoting the source page from browser where I have to click on save/ reboot button which does the rest.

Could someone please point out if I could create a batch (.cmd) script for that same thing, or could directly click on some program in hdd, or could do it by Start-Run entry. That will save me time.

thanks.

Reply to
V S Rawat

What is this ? What are youtrying to say in your last post

Explian?

Reply to
NETADMIN

http://$routerIP/the_request_that_should_be_made_according_to_that_script

Didn't you read ?

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

I would suspect not, because the router is using a Winndows Web Interface with a browser environment and not a Windows Desktop and/or DOS environment.

And what's with the HTML that's part of your sig. Vicky?

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Does it mean that a browser (or probably a mail/news reader) can reboot the modem/ router, but we don't have any windows or dos equivalent to do the same?

Probably they are using some programming. Java or Javascript. Maybe I can save that script/ module somewhere and run directly from o.s.

V S Rawat is my name, V for Vicky as Nick name. Somehow I wrote it here. I don't use sigs, I type them every time.

Reply to
V S Rawat

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.