Office Communicator ports

Hello,

Does anybody have Microsoft Office Communicator working through a firewall delivering voice, video and application sharing. I know Communicator is built on the principle of Windows Messenger which works but communicator will only enable me to do a one-way call. I have a DrayTek router and it seems to work correctly. I've been through Google and opened the recommended ports, I've even tried UPnP but get the same issue. I start video connection or voice call, the other end can hear and see me but I get nothing back. Router reports no error, I've even moved the workstation into the routers DMZ and get the same this. Have considered the option that it could be the other end, if they initiate the session it works OK and two-way comms is possible.

Don't have any issues with NetMeeting or MSN Messenger. And workstation firewall doesn't seem to make a difference.

Please let me know if you have it working and what ports are open.

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
Ian
Loading thread data ...

Ian: Here is list of port that communicator uses. If you have put your machine outside your firewall and you still can not maitain a two communication, then your firewall is out of the picture, unless your firewall is controlling traffic to and from your dmz as well.

TCP port 80 (HTTP) or TCP port 443 (HTTPS), depending on how the virtual server (Web access server) is configured =B7 Dynamic port for incoming traffic from Live Communications Server (Communicator Web Access listens on a random port) Outgoing Ports: =B7 TCP port 3268 (LDAP) on the global catalog server =B7 TCP port 389 (LDAP) on the domain controller =B7 TCP port 5061 (MTLS) on the server or pool running Live Communications Server

Hope it helps..( Julio)

Reply to
jv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.