Norton AntiSpam is driving me mad

I recently purchased a PC which has a year's subscription to Norton Internet Security / Norton Antivirus 2004 included. All seems to work ok, although I was perfectly happy with the free products I used on my old PC. One problem that is very annoying is that, although I have disabled the Norton AntiSpam element of this package, it still keeps wanting to configure Outlook Express every time I open OE. Is there any way I can get it to stop doing this? (OE6, WinXP Home SP2)

I'm otherwise very happy with NIS/NAV.

Your help appreciated.

Reply to
Sam
Loading thread data ...

If it came pre-installed, no. If you got the media, yes, you can choose not to install Norton Antispam at all (which is different from disabling it).

Regards,

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

Ah, thanks Art. Sadly, it came pre-installed. Annoying that I can disable it but it still wants to have some control over OE.

Reply to
Sam

Reply to
Jeff

Exactly where do you find that option in NIS/NAV *2004*?

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

I have NIS 2005 and it's an option. Somewhere there must be an option for your e-mail browser. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

No, there mustn't. Don't make assumptions like that when answering -- if you don't know the program well enough to make a correct answer, don't.

Reply to
Arthur Hagen

Reply to
Jeff

Aw, shucks, and I got all excited there for a moment, but I certainly can't find this option in NIS 2004 !

Reply to
Sam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.