attn: charlie R & FredW

Glad your problems are solved. Score zero for the "Gremlins". Concerning ZA, Win 98 is not supported for the later versions. I tried the 5.0 and above, but it wasn't stable on my Win 98. Created huge temp files in the Internet Log numerous times. Would use up system resources and freeze with System Errors often. This didn't start right away, but gradually got worse. I gave up and reverted to the 4.5 version, and it runs like a charm. Too many bells and whistles using resources in the later versions. Good luck.

charlie R

problems!)

stable.

Reply to
charlie R
Loading thread data ...

Hi, Did the DL from C|Net. For some reason this site allowed everything to DL correctly. (I'm blaming the Computer Gremlins for this problems!)

The install when smoothly. yEnc binaries are now downloadable.

My favorite Newsgroup is alt.binaries.amp and a lot of the artwork was always posted via yEnc. Thank you all for your assistance. I appreciate it very much.

charlie R: went to that MS article you referenced. I don't think that was my problem. No icon in the upper right corner; had one in the upper left corner. On mine, when I clicked on it, nothing happened. Oh well, the problem's solved.

~~~~

A second question, if I may. If this is not appropriate for this NG, would you recommend the proper one.

Thinking about a new computer. Current one is 5 year + old Laptop Gateway running Windows 98se.

Some people at work have mentioned that Windows XP isn't that stable. Said Win 98se and 2000 is better on laptops than XP.

Is the current laptop worth upgrading with a new HD, etc.? Current ram is about 198 MB.

Any opinions?

~~~~

Thank you all again! :-)

Reply to
Tatyana

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.