Netscreen admin can't use HTTPS?

I have a Netscreen 5GT and have been able to connect to the web admin interface (unencrypted http). However when I try it with HTTPS (port 443) it doesn't work. What is causing this? Don't tell me they're forcing me to install a valid SSL certificate before letting me access it via HTTPS?

Reply to
Shabam
Loading thread data ...

Only in 5.1 have they supplied a built in certificate, but if you're running older ScreenOS, you'll have to put in your own certificate. It doesn't have to be 'valid' or a cert from a trusted CA, but you have to have one loaded, self signed or otherwise. Consider upgrading to 5.1 if you haven't already.

Reply to
Munpe Q

I went here and selected the Netscreen 5GT, but it says there's no software to be updated:

formatting link

Reply to
Shabam

How do I create a self-signed certificate? I'm having problems with this. I generated an RSA 1024 local certificate request. What am I supposed to do next to get it to appear as a local certificate? All I want to do is enable SSL access to my managerment ui.

Reply to
Shabam

Reply to
William L. Sun

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.