Netgear FVS114 with Netgear DG814 with Single IP Address

Hello,

At present I have a Single IP address setup with a Netgear DG814, the WAN address is static and provided by the ISP and the LAN IP address is configured ok (192.168.0.0/24), everything works fine. However I have decided to purchase a Netgear FVS114 to allow for VPN connections and provide better security. Given the fact that I only have one public IP address which is being used on the DG814 modem, what IP address do I assign to the WAN address of the new FVS114 VPN Router? Can I use a private IP address on the LAN side of the DSL modem and on the WAN & LAN addresses of the VPN Router or does the WAN address of the VPN Router have to be a public IP address as well?

Thanks

Reply to
neilp157
Loading thread data ...

Since the Netgear DG814 is your gateway to the outside world you need to use the same WAN IP to reach your VPN router. Then you need to do port forwarding to the LAN IP of the FVS114.

Reply to
Hexalon

Thanks for your reply, after much reading I have managed to get it working by using the Static IP on the WAN of the DG814 and then have the LAN IP of the DG814 and WAN IP of the FVS114 on the same network then have the LAN IP of the FVS114 on the same network as the internal network. Creating a DMZ and have port forwarding to the LAN IP of the FVS114 as you suggest - all works fine. Thanks

Reply to
neilp157

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.