netasq v8 load

Hi all

I have a constant load average of 1.1 on a ns-bsd box (freebsd tuned for netasq firewalls). The "ps aux" gives me the following informations:

USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TT STAT STARTED TIME COMMAND admin 38 53.4 0.0 0 8 ?? DL Fri08AM 4452:17.71 [pollng: cpu0] admin 33 37.1 0.0 0 8 ?? RL Fri08AM 3532:43.04 [pollng: idle]

Does somebody knows what is the [pollng: cpu0] process ? Thanks in advance regards

Reply to
julien simbola
Loading thread data ...

Hi.

You can have more informations on pollng by folowwing this link:

formatting link
or by searching through freebsd-net archives.

Very basically, this is a process which takes all available CPU to react faster when network packets comes in.

Yvan.

Reply to
VANHULLEBUS Yvan

Hi Thank you for your answer Yvan, very interresting informations, I understant what pollng is now..

The load-average came after upgrading the firmware on a F200 from release

7.0.6.2 to 8.0.1.1 . I guess that it is a normal load for that kind of firewalls... On top of that, the global response time of the box is still correct.

thanks

Reply to
julien simbola

There have been lots of major changes between 7.0.x and 8.0.x, including .... pollng :-)

As long as the highest process is pollng, this means that your appliance is not so much loaded.

Yvan.

Reply to
VANHULLEBUS Yvan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.