Re: Load sharing on 2xWIC 1ADSL

Hi All,

Checked some posts online but can't find anything that actually states that it works. I'm trying to achieve some kind of load-sharing using 2 WIC ADSL cards on a 1841. I have 1M ADSL from the ISP - with a dynamic IP address - and the ISP can't help me with any intervention on their side.

I tried the 'ip cef' command with the 'ip load-sharing per-packet' on the dialer0 and dialer1 interfaces. Also set two default routes:

0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer0 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 dialer1

It doesn't seem to work. I can ping

formatting link
from the router but not from PCs on the inside interface. Besides all packets seem to go from one dialer interface all the time.

Anyone ever successfully implemented the above?

Thanks Kailash

Reply to
kailash7
Loading thread data ...

Yes, but not on static routing but on links that were using eigrp routing protocol.

Reply to
Joop van der Velden

This would only function for your outbound bandwidth. Doesn't do anything for your inbound bandwidth. Since the upstream/outbound bandwidth is so small on typical ADSL lines, not sure if its worth the solution?

One would think it'd work, but with ADSL on Cisco, you'd really have to test.

I've used MLPPP into a 2610/2801 on 2 and 3 WIC-1ADSL cards.

Wasn't totally clean, latency went through the roof, some throughput problems. But the end result did work.

You'd have to involve the ISP at that point though.

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.