Napster Help

I downloaded napster, regestered, recieved a confirmation E-mail, but everytime I go to sign it, it acts like I haven't regestered. My only desire now is to cancal my account, but in order to cancal you have to log in! Am I screwed? Thanks

Reply to
thevillem3
Loading thread data ...

You're in the wrong newsgroup

Reply to
redbull

"thevillem3" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

Count yourself lucky. I fell for their free one month tryout. All the songs you download are merely rented. If you decide to burn them to CD, you are required to buy them for .99 each, and about half of them will respond with a license problem when you try to do so.

There is absolutely NO WAY to get around the DRM in these lousy .wma files. You cannot upload them to your portable player (unless you use one of the pieces of crap that Napster supports,) or save them on your computer. People say "burn it to CD and rip it to another format." The only program that can burn these files is Napster. All other programs burn it as a data track that no ripper can recognise. WMP will complain that you don't have a valid license.

The problem is that Microsoft has forced all developers to use their WMP 9 codecs, which recognize the DRM encoded file, and refuse to allow it to be copied. There is a way to get around it, which is to play the file and record it while doing so. Guess what? When you agreed to the license, you promised not to do that. It's also time and labor intensive. I've tried everything - old versions of Nero, shareware and freeware, EAC with user created scripts. Nothing works.

The day you stop paying your bill or uninstall Napster, all the music you downloaded is gone.

Like I said, count yourself lucky. What you should be most worried about is Napster charging your credit card for something you never got.

Reply to
elaich

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.