Sounds like it.

Reply to
Eugene F.
Loading thread data ...

Gigabit broadband?

That would be my guess.

Reply to
William P.N. Smith

Lots of people seem to have trouble with wireless and routers, and there's plenty of advice out there, but none that seems to help me.

Take one good spec home pc. Add NTL 1GB cable broadband, all hunky dory!

Purchase 1 Netgear MR 814 v2 from ebay (says blueyonder on box!?! but hey!)

Set up with USB wireless thingy, its works!

Next day it doesn't, back to old fashioned cable.

Add Crimbo prezzie laptop with its own wireless adaptor, bugger me, switch on and setup router and all works..... for one hour

Next day all works for 3 minutes!

I have spent ages trying just about everything. After reseting the router the 'areil' light fails to illuminate. Plugged in laptop (by cable) to port

1 of router, getting green light for that port, followed by amber light on port 4!!!!!!

What really baffles me is that on several occasions it has all worked, but as far as Netgear goes I give up.

Have I bought duff gear in my search for a bargain on ebay, or is it really this difficult to get these things working.

I am strongly considering buying a new router (different make), can anyone recommend one for NTL?

Help!

Reply to
Jimmydolittle

Reply to
Steve

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.