MicroTrend's PC-cillin Internet Security 2005

MicroTrend's PC-cillin anti-virus software has been pretty good and I've been quite happy with it. So when I saw they came up with a combined anti-virus / firewall software that happened to be offered at an attractive dicounted price to employees of some companies, I decided to give it a try. I removed the formerly installed PC-cillin 2003 and Sygate Personal Firewall and tried to install the full version of "PC-cillin Internet Security 2005" after downloading it from MicroTrend's Web site. After spending most of this weekend to make the firewall work, I had to give it up because it would not let anything through the Internet. Not even to and from its own Web site. At last I had to reinstall it by leaving out the firewall feature and reinstall Sygate. That combination at least works. I wonder if any of you out there was successful with the full version. I looked at MicroTrend's FAQ that seems to address installation problems similar to mine (must be a common problem, I gather) but found that none of their tips were applicable to my case; I was already doing what they suggested. I was also thinking emailing to their Tech Support, but my experience with such support lately has been too dismal to even try. I usually get better tips in forums like this than from the canned replies of those overseas TechSupport centers.

Rudy

Reply to
R. P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.