SPF Problem

On 19 Mar 2005, Ian Pollard wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your problem, but you should be able to close port 135, or any other port, with SPF with an Advanced Rule.

Is it possible you also have Windows XP's built-in firewall running at the same time as Sygate? If so, disable it. You shouldn't have two software firewalls running at the same time.

Reply to
Nil
Loading thread data ...

I have tried to use Sygate Personal Firewall Version 5.6 and the latest Sygate Personal Firewall Pro V 5.5. If I try to use either version of this firewall, I get an error report that tells me SPF has encountered a problem and needs to close. If I use an earlier version, it works OK apart from leaving a port open, I think it is port 135. I can only close that port manually if I use the pro version but that leads me back to where I started, it doesn't work on my machine. I am running Windows XP HE Sp2 with I GB of memory and approx 180 GB HD with usage at about

20GB. I have AVG pro anti virus. Any ideas??

Ian

Reply to
Ian Pollard

Hi, Having the same problem with that firewall here too... WinXP Pro SP2, 512mb, 120gb hd, AVG free edition.

Reply to
Mark

It's already disabled.

Reply to
Mark

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.