March 29, 2006 total eclipse - IT admin's WORST NIGHTMARE

Wrong, any real firewall will block it.

Reply to
Leythos
Loading thread data ...

Oh oh, gonna send him to the back of the room?

Reply to
Quaestor

Wrong, I can do that with the hardware firewalls I use

Wrong, I can think of several other ways to block them with my hardware firewall

Wrong, your Tiny can crash, use your system resources, be compromised, have a dll conflict, etc. My hardware firewall cannot. Plus, it has ways to block this feed that you haven't even thought of, hence your incorrect statements about what is and isn't possible.

Wrong. Are you serious? What sort of hardware firewalls have you worked with, a $49 D-link that's 5 years old? That's laughable. Of course they have rules of precedence.

Score another *what*? Another uniformed user?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

So tell us Charles - which one of your dumb users had subscribed to this service? Or is Skate America broadcasting this to all hosts on your Comcast network for free?

Learn something about networking before you give advice.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Charles - you've been cautioned about your continuing false statements about hardware. You have admitted many times that you don't know what they are - haven't used them because they require knowledge beyond the microsoft propaganda that you supposedly learned in your ONE networking class years ago - hell, I bet you don't even know how one operates.

Must be something new your technical expert at CompUSA just discovered. Little clue for you - ALL proper firewalls have that capability INCLUDING many toy firewalls like yours, and have had for longer than you have been playing with windoze. I bet you STILL don't understand the concept of a default rule.

I'm sorry Clueless Charles - but you have no idea WHAT SO EVER about what you are attempting to talk about. I guess part of the reason you don't know anything about hardware firewalls is that they don't have a big screen with smiley and frowny icons for you to click on.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

No, but I might start posting a message to look at his posts at groups.google so that everyone can see he's totally clueless, and following his suggestions will INCREASE your risks, rather than help you. He's made so many proven false statements, that even the newest newbie would see through him.

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Constantly changing ports are always blocked by a real firewall appliance. You really have absolutely NO CLUE ABOUT FIREWALL FUNCTIONALITY.

You constantly tell this group what a firewall appliance can't do, but you've never owned a firewall appliance and you have constantly been told that an appliance will block what you suggest that it wont.

How about you just stop the trolling and purchase a real firewall appliance and learn a few things about them and then come back to post.

Reply to
Leythos

what makes us say we wont be affected by this eclipse event ? thank you.

Reply to
dr.nil

But then we'd lose such an amusing pet, what fun would that be?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

X-No-Archive: Yes

There is a way. I have heard that in one case in Wisconsin, they detected Evidence Eliminator use by checking his credit card records, and found that he purchased the program.

If they want to find out that you used it, then can find out that you purchased it by getting a subpoena for your credit card records and discovering your purchase of the program.

Reply to
Charles Newman

That is some pretty flimsy evidence though. That only proves that it was purchased, not that it was ever installed or used on any machine, even at home. Who is to say that it wasn't purchased and installed on the users home pc and not the company owned pc?

The instance that you cited would be like you being charged for murder because a victim was found with stab wounds and your credit card report showed that you had purchased the Ginsu knife collection on the home shopping channel. Orwell would love your logic. ;)

Reply to
Renegade

"Leythos" wrote

It took you THIS long to figure out a reply?

So you also think that if the police find a credit card record of you purchasing alcoholic beverages, they can charge you with DWI???

Charles - that is WAY beyond your normal display of gross stupidity.

Do yourself a favor, and buy a disk viewing program so that you can see what files are located exactly where on the hard disk surface. The old Norton Utilities application would be one example. If you're actually following up on your own suggestion, and learning UNIX, something as easy as 'cat' (the DOS 'type' program is a crude imitation) can do the trick, though 'dd' would be better.

You _claim_ to have received training as a bean counter. If you didn't receive training at looking at the obvious - that which is right in front of your eyes - none of your work should be trusted, as you failed to include all information - you know, those things your accounting instructor called "detail".

Maybe my spam filters are to good, but aren't they still offering a pre-paid debit card from some bank in Texas or Florida through the barrage of spam for offers YOU NEED?

Old guy

Reply to
Moe Trin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.