Lightweight Firewall?

Snake oil that can be circumvented and defeated just like application control and all the other junk in personal FW solutions.

And if they had a $1,000 corporate FW, it's not the FW's job any Internet network FW's job that's a FW to be protecting individual machines.

And why are you going off the deep end about it?

That is not going to help them either.

What will protect the user is to use common sense, secure or harden O/S to attack, practice safehex and not depend upon snake oil solutions like a crutch thinking everything is okey dokey.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold
Loading thread data ...

So you're ignoring the existance of botnets and zombies?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Hi Spender, I don't know who the second poster was. Someone that can't read, I guess. Which is why s/he is filtered.

The OP asked what to use to check outgoing traffic and Sygate does. With a minimum of fuss. I never claimed absolute security for anything. I agree with your post. I'm only a home user with a dial up connection. IF I were a business, with large masses of info to protect, I'd hire a security guru to protect it. But I ain't.

There are many here with much more knowledge than I have, who take the time to answer questions. I'm thankful there are. I've learned a lot just lurking. And there are some who take great pleasure in jumping on posters, usually with useless info.

TomJ

Reply to
TomJ

LOL. Did someone ever get this thing not breaking up network functionality? And when will the tech guys get some clue about sane default rules? When will it learn to send ICMP_DESTUNREACH?

Fine, but Sygate also comes with a lot of application security that does degrade security.

Eh... then why are you harassing about packet filtering at all? You normally don't need it at all and you need a lot of knowledge to get it right.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Why worry about it?

The person is what he is and doesn't understand anything.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

I think that zone alarm is quite a user-friendly firewall but in the last 2 years I have experienced probelms , ainly related to p2p use. I encourage usage of jetico and kerio

Robert ha scritto:

Reply to
Fabiano

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.