Zyxel Zywall 2 fireWall Q

Hi guys,

I have a question- I'm interested in closing all the ports except 80, 20,21,

443 - that's for outgoing rule, LAN 2 WAN. That's really all the port's that I need.

Now, which port's do You recommend that I should open on WAN 2 WAN and WAN 2 LAN rules... or to refrage this: which port's should be opened for normal but secure internet connection?

For now- I have open: WAN 2 LAN rule NetBios, DNS, HTTPS

WAN 2 WAN IKE, DNS

Also, I would like some help with FTP, dynamic port's:

I have to open FTP "server" (I don't like it, but hell...) I would like to enable DYNAMIC ports (UPNP ports - correct me if I'm wrong) I think? Becouse-> I can connect on 21 but data port is connect through some port's from 1024 to 14xx (which, in this firewall conf ain't gonna happen). Or is it best to use something like Windows commander- FTP program's that uses 20,21 ports?

Any comment's?

Thank's in advance! G.

Reply to
geni0us
Loading thread data ...

This is dependent on your scenario.

Then you have to implement stateful inspection for FTP, because for FTP a simple paket filter will not do.

What filtering software are you using?

No.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

I'm not filtering anything Yet- I won't to know what should I do... PLiz?

Reply to
geni0us

Please consider to get a filtering box in between, which can do that. I just don't know your setup, could you provide more information, please?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

OK, but explain me this "filtering box" term- please!

G

Reply to
geni0us

A device, which is filtering traffic.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.