Help remove trojan.fakealert.brg

I have been trying to remove a Trojan virus from a friend?s computer. The virus name is Trojan.FakeAlert.BRG. I have tried several virus removal tools. However, none seem to be able to remove all of the files related to this virus. Can anyone help on this?

Reply to
mobees
Loading thread data ...

First, your post is not on-topic for this forum. This is a firewalls newsgroup. I'm not sure which Indian forum is using this place as a dumping ground for general security questions, but that's probably why posts like this are ending up in the comp.security.firewalls newsgroup.

But the answer to your question is to rebuild your friend's machine from original optical media. Once you've been infected like this, you can toy around with removal tools, but at best you'll have a machine that functions again, yet you still can't entirely trust. At worst, you'll be out untold hours of chasing your tail, still be infected, and have introduced perhaps even more suspicious software to the system, able to see your data.

I wish I had better news.

Reply to
Regis

formatting link
Removal tools (or instructions for manual removal) are no solution to an infection, particularly not with malware that may download more malware or may give an attacker remote access. One can never be sure what else was modified on the system and thus can never be certain that the malware was removed entirely.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Yes. Unplug your friend's network cable, take backup of his important files, wipe the machine and do a complete reinstall.

Next time, don't let him browse the web on the administrator account.

By the way, has this _anything_ remotely to do with firewalls?

Reply to
Jon Solberg

answer:you must use SUPERANTISPYWARE this can remove all type of malware viruses etc from your pc.i had tested it many times. you can download it from

formatting link

Reply to
jhanzab

Yes. Point your question to a suitable group. Any of the alt.*windows.* groups might suffice.

You just need to get a real operating system. Anyone who relies on 3rd party software to fix a compromised system don't know what they talk about. Only one thing to do: format your hard drive and reinstall the system, this time with the proper security patches applied before hooking it up on your network.

Reply to
Jon Solberg

Re: Help remove trojan.fakealert.brg

their is only best way to remove trojan.fakealert.brg is to use SUPERANTISPYWARE.you can download it from

formatting link
the history of "trojan.fakealert.brg" is that it belong to group of fake antiviruses which looks just like the ANTIVIRUSES but infact these are not antivirus.there risk is critical.before a time ago a fake antvirus hits upon my computer.whose name was 'TOTAL SECURITY 2009" which looks just like a antivirus but infact it was a critical virus i tried many antiviruses to remove it eg.mcafee,avg,malware antibytes but these programs could not do nothing.fake antivirus paralyzed my pc.i could not tell what type of problems i faced.but when i used "SUPERANTISPYWARE" my all problems get solved in one scan. to contact me for further helps. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
jhanzab

... backup the data and then format and reinstall the compromised system.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.