firewall settings

I am using sygate pesonal firewall 5.5. Ocassionally a Norton antiviurs window pops up saying :

Object Name: C:\\documents and settings\\NetworkService\\temproary internet files\\ exploit[1].html

Virus Name: Trojan Horse

Action Taken: Unable to repair this file.

Although Norton can't repair this file it does not seem to be giving me any problems that I know of unless OE window closing on me and some IE pages not loading are a result of it.

I basically use sygates default settings because I have no idea what most of the settings are. Is there something I can do with sygate to keep from getting this exploit file? Or any other virus? Or am I protected against this trojan horse since it doesn't seem to be doing anything?

Also if anyone has the time to explain, can a temp html file do any damage? When I click the OK button in the nortons virus alert window norton says access to the file was denied. But I can go to the folder and delete it??

Reply to
Nightshift
Loading thread data ...

Clean your browser cache. That will fix your problem.

Reply to
optikl

Thanks, will do.

Reply to
Nightshift

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.