help me

Uh.... English?

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster
Loading thread data ...

Here are some good classes that your posting suggests you need to take for computer security:

1. Humility. If you don't learn it now, it'll be a painful lesson once you're out in the field. You won't learn anything unless you accept that other people know something you don't.
  2. Communication. You haven't told us what level you're studying, towards what qualification, nor have you told us which courses you think suck, why you think they suck, and why you feel that additional courses might help the situation. When / if you become a security professional, that lack of clear communication will mean that security incidents will be protracted and painful.
  3. First Aid. Since both my previous answers suggest that your future in this field will be painful, I suggest learning what painkillers are available to you. Maybe, in this newsgroup, Motrin can help?

:-)

Alun. ~~~~ [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.]

Reply to
Alun Jones
  • Frankster :

Nice response Frank. heh very nice :)

Jason

Reply to
Jason

I'm majoring in computer network security, and all of the required classes suck. What are some additional classes I could take that don't suck?

Reply to
Wind Young

Jeez, I hope that you NEVER get a job in network security with that attitude (which also sucks!). Get familier with the phrase "do you want fries with that?".

Reply to
Chris

You know, I hate it when people do this. But I feel compelled somehow.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

Ok, I feel better.

Sorry Wind.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

formatting link
Pray tell, what university offers a major in computer network security and what does that consist of?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.