Firewall-1 Rules Disappear

Some action I took in an older Firewall-1 under Windows resulted in Fw.exe immediately aborting when I attempted to install the policy followed by the GUI doing the same.

When I reboot all of the firewall rules are gone. Apparently the full policy is still installed on the firewall, but the rules in the GUI are completely absent.

If you use the GUI to do a File | Open, the "Standard" rule is the only one that appears in the list. Selecting that gets you a blank list.

If you select the "Installed" policy you get the installed policy, but none of the objects are editable. They are all greyed out.

When I go to the file system, I see plenty of copies of the security policy with various names. How do I explicitly load any of these into the GUI?

Reply to
W
Loading thread data ...

As a follow up to this post,

When you do a File | Open Security Policy and select an installed policy with "Show Policy" button, how do you then save that policy to disk? Everything appears to be in a read only mode.

How do you populate the "Available Security Policies" to bring into the GUI Security Policy Editor? When I do File | Open Security Policy only "Standard" shows, but in the fw\\conf folder there are many files besides "Standard.W" that end with W? Shouldn't all of these policies be showing as Available to load?

Reply to
W

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.