Applying iptables firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 19 failed

Hi there.

I am trying to apply a bunch of rules using Iptables on a fedora core 2 box. When I try and start iptables I get the following message:

Executing /etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables start ..

Flushing firewall rules: [ OK ] Setting chains to policy ACCEPT: mangle filter [ OK ] Unloading iptables modules: [ OK ] Applying iptables firewall rules: iptables-restore: line 19 failed [FAILED]

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix this?

Many thanks. James

Reply to
jimbrell
Loading thread data ...

Here is the config file:

# Generated by iptables-save v1.2.9 on Thu Aug 25 11:12:05 2005

*mangle :PREROUTING ACCEPT [6:804] :INPUT ACCEPT [6:804] :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0] :OUTPUT ACCEPT [11:10745] :POSTROUTING ACCEPT [11:10745] COMMIT # Completed on Thu Aug 25 11:12:05 2005 # Generated by iptables-save v1.2.9 on Thu Aug 25 11:12:05 2005 *filter :FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0] :INPUT ACCEPT [0:0] :OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]

-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

-A INPUT -m state --state RELATED -j ACCEPT

-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 10000 -j ACCEPT

-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT COMMIT # Completed on Thu Aug 25 11:12:05 2005

So line 19 is the end of the file.. or is it refering to line 19 in the script to start iptables do you think?

formatting link
I did find this article, but it didn't offer any obvious solutions...but it looks like this might be the cause...what do you think? Anyone? :)

Thanks.

Reply to
jimbrell

Just have a look on this line 19. What's in it?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Yes, I guess that.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.