Management server / Management clients in Checkpoint firewall

I'm a bit confused here. I installed the management server on my firewall machine because I assumed that I would be able to easily use a management client such as the policy editor to log on to my firewall and do the modifications. Yet for some reason I am unable to authenticate when using the policy editor client to log on to my firewall.

Am I supposed to install the management server on the machine from which I intend to modify the policies, config, etc. of my firewall? Shouldn't I be able to just do it with the client software?

Reply to
wildbeast
Loading thread data ...

You have to configure the firewall to accept management connections from your client. The policy editor can be installed on any machine on the network as long as the firewall is configured to allow that host.

Reply to
chris

. Yet for some reason I am unable to

Check the following file on your management server: $FWDIR/conf/gui-clients This file should include the ip addresses of the hosts on which SmartDashboard is installed (the policy editor). If this is not the case you can edit the file or use the cpconfig command on your management server.

No need to create additional rules to your rulebase to allow incomming management connections because this is done with implied rules.

Kr. Robby

Reply to
Robby Cauwerts

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.