Norton Internet Security

I know N.I.S can slow computers right down. I'm not sure whether to install it on a recent machine built for a friend: PII 350mhz, 128 RAM, Win2KSP4, Office and a few bits and pieces. My friend will be surfing and emailing for the first time on a 56K modem. I've got one licence of N.I.S 2002 left but I know it can be hard to completely uninstall so I need to have a feel in advance for whether it would be OK or if the computer would grind to a halt. Anyone any ideas?

Thx.

Reply to
bluetreetop
Loading thread data ...

I'd avoid Norton, particulary on an older slow machine. Use something light if possible, and to that end, certainly avoid NIS. It'll probably take over 2 minutes just to see the GUI when you double click on the tray icon... ;)

Reply to
Kerodo

Norton Internet Security 2002 (NIS 2002) is excellent but relatively expensive. This fully loaded suite combines a firewall with best-of-breed utility Norton AntiVirus to keep your PC secure. If you're still surfing the Web without protection, this combo is a good deal,But on the other hand it will use CPU for its own.

NIS has its own PF,AV which is good but ealtime protection will cut the system CPU from the throat. So i wil advice not to go with this product on this machine configuration.

Rate if Help

CK-NET

Reply to
NETADMIN

Excellent? It's just crap, I'd say.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Listen Mr.Crap in 2002 it was a good thought to purchase but not today.

CK-NET

Reply to
NETADMIN

To the latter I can agree.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.