cannot send from Outlook with NIS '05

On the laptop, I CAN RECEIVE, but CANNOT SEND and get this error message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings, close this dialogue, then click More Settings and click on the Advanced tab. Yet, the settings (mail.bellsouth.net) are configured exactly the same as the fully functioning older desktop which has NAV '02. The only thing I can think of is there must be a Norton problem or conflict. I tried for 3 hours to search the Symantec knowledge base and have tried just about everything they suggest, but nothing works, not even temporarily disabling Norton. Can I fix this myself, or should I give them a call?

Reply to
havin_aball
Loading thread data ...

The problem is with your email client program and it's mis-configured in someway that is not obvious to you. You should get on the phone with the ISP and review settings. I just went through something similar in trying to connect OE to EarthLink's dial-up ISP service.

Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.