To: Anthony R. Gold

Hi Tony,

Thanks for getting back:

Does this computer use a wired or a wireless connection? I ask because you later say that a laptop has a stronger connection than something else.

The router is wired into the PC, and the laptop uses the signal from the router to connect to the internet..mails..etc

Regularly I have to unplug the power, and then reconnect it, then the router connects and works again, I never had to do this before, however this is now starting to be a regular occurrence.

Why do you believe you have to unplug the power? Does your computer lose contact with the router or does the router lose contact with the aDSL network?

The computer stops connecting to the internet, and I then have to disconnect the power from the router then reconnect it, this is the only way that I have been able to make the connection work once the connection drops out. (not sure to whether it loses contact with the network).

One thing is that I have recently update the Firmware and used Version .1.02.04, I wonder to whether this could be the problem, and if so how can I uninstall the router and recently installed firmware and start again (as system restore does not seem to fix this problem).

The strange thing about this is that when the router works, a Windows XP laptop, which uses this wireless connection, has less dropouts as the signal seems stronger.

It has less dropouts and a stronger signal than what - and also why do you find that strange?

Because before I updated the firmware for the router, I was having constant problems with the laptop connecting to the wireless signal, now when it is working I'm having less problems.

Regards,

Reply to
Abbigail
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.