Q: Peplink 200 bg ap wifi modem

Hello, After speaking with the peplink tech support I am still a little confused on if this device will work the way I want it. I will try to explain as best I can and hope that someone maybe able to help me. Ok, first the current network setup I have:

1) Belkin wired/wireless cable/dsl modem gateway router f5d6234-1 2) Two computers - Desktop with win98 and a laptop xp home 3) Desktop is wired to the computer and the laptop is wireless via a pcmci belkin card type b/g The network is working perfectly and every computer can see and speak to each other.

The city of Mountain View has a wifi setup with Google and Earthlink and I would like to connect to the wifi system. What I basically would like is keep my network as is have the peplink 200 bg ap (which from my understanding is a wireless equipment ) placed anywhere in my house where I can receive the best signal strength and set the ssid to the google wifi and be able to change the ssid on my laptop which is wireless to get the same ssid and be able to connect.Will this work being wireless and not hard wired.

Thank you for your help to this matter.

Reply to
jon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.