Jetico firewall help

I installed the Jetico firewall. Now when I use Firefox to browse the web, at every page I visit I have to confirm with the Jetico firewall that "Firefox is permanently allowed to access the IP address xx.xx.xx.xx...". This is crazy. I find myself doing a WHOIS on each IP address, to see what I'm granting permission for. Is there a way to grant Firefox always permission to access web pages?

By the way, I found out that Google is monitoring all sites I visit. Interesting. Must be the Google toolbar I installed. Maybe I should uninstall it.

Reply to
Alfred Molon
Loading thread data ...

If you decide to install such crap you have to live with such effects.

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang Kueter

Why is Jetico crap? Is there no way to set it up so that it does not request permission for each site you visit?

Reply to
Alfred Molon

It is very easy to do: in specific rule for a web browser you should remove destination address. Also, there is a special template for a webbrouwser in Jetico. You can use this template as default rule for the Firefox. Please, visit Jetico at

formatting link
there are very friendly and will answer (using screen shots) all your questions about Jetico. Regards, Toller.

Why is Jetico crap? Is there no way to set it up so that it does not request permission for each site you visit?

Reply to
Tol

You told me a few days ago that you would have no problem trying to configure a firewall. So do it. Thousands, maybe millions are running Jetico with no problem. By the way, it is not crap. It is one of the 2 or 3 best walls in terms of leaktests. Any of these programs (commercial firewalls) are not enough in and of themselves. Use them in concert with a firewire or some type of packet sniffer.

gary

Reply to
Gary

Seems like those are stupid. Hell, you cannot even specify rule sbased upon TCP states, you cannot use any reject-with-TCP-RSt there (but it installs a not filter-only NDIS driver, so there's no technical limitation). This totally breaks every network configuration or is trivially insecure.

Leaktests are nonsense by definition, thus no argument here.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

I actually find myself agreeing with this to a certain extent. They are blown out of importance.

Reply to
Gary

How does Comodo compare with Jetico?

TIA

Louise

Reply to
louise

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.